Chamilandu is a breathtaking camp on one of the South Luangwa’s prime river locations, Zambia, perfect for a bird’s-eye view of the wildlife that the river and its lagoons attract. There are just three stilted chalets at this exclusive camp, set on the riverbank beneath a soaring ebony grove.
Children aged 12 years and older are welcome at Chamilandu. As children under 12 years are not allowed to participate in walking safaris in the Park, families travelling with children aged 11 years and younger will need to reserve a private camp or hire a Private Guide & Vehicle for the duration of their stay at any of our Bushcamps.
Traditional décor adorns the 2-meter high tree house chalets (only 3 chalets in camp). The tasteful blend of wrought iron and brass offsets the thatch and wood that welcome you to recline and relax. Black mosquito netting allows guests to retain an uninterrupted view of the Luangwa River and Chindeni Hills at night under the moonlight and stars above. Open to a 180° vista, each tree house provides an exciting frame of the surrounding Luangwa Valley. The four-poster beds enjoy a bird’s eye view over the Luangwa River and the abundant wildlife that has made the valley famous. With the magnificent Chindeni Hills as the backdrop for your view, Chamilandu affords you the majesty of Africa in all its forms. Outdoor bathrooms adjoin each chalet with a large shower and double vanities under the open sky.
• 3 x stilted chalets, with open fronts.
• 2 x twin rooms (with 2 x Queen beds) & 1 x double room (with 1 x King bed and connecting raised sala).
• Each chalet is equipped with twin showers, twin wash-basins and a toilet.
• Solar-powered hot and cold running water.
• Toiletries (soap, shampoo, conditioner, skin moisturizer) are provided.
• Standing floor fans & mosquito nets.
• A central lounge, bar and dining area with beautiful views of the Luangwa River.
• There is a fully stocked bar in camp.
• The camp is powered by solar; limited charging facilities are available.
• Lighting is by solar light and paraffin lamps.
• Limited laundry service free of charge
• Day and night game drives.
• Walking safaris.
• Private guide and vehicle are available at an additional cost. Please enquire for details.
• Photographic hide next to a waterhole – the perfect place to spend a siesta!
• Specially-adapted photographic vehicle also available
Walking safaris around Chamilandu are an ideal way to explore the impressive range of habitats in the area. With no fewer than seven oxbow lagoons behind camp, there are always thirsty animals around seeking refreshment. Our hide looks out over one of these lagoons and is the perfect place to take lunch, tea, or to while away an afternoon in a hammock to the soundtrack of a bathing elephant.
Game drives around Chamilandu are an ideal way to explore the impressive range of habitats in the area. With no fewer than seven oxbow lagoons behind camp, there are always thirsty animals around seeking refreshment. Our hide looks out over one of these lagoons and is the perfect place to take lunch, tea or to while away an afternoon in a hammock to the soundtrack of a bathing elephant.